Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Year In Reflection...


It's a new day, it's a New Year! I can't believe that I started this blog a year ago! It's seems like a I blinked and it's now 2011. Looking back 2010 came with it's ups and downs. We made new memories with our children; going to the snow and Dillon's beach for the first time, my family coming to visit us and going to Yosemite together. We enjoyed all of our family traditions of going to Apple Hill, the fish hatchery and enjoyed each of our holiday activities. To going through our hardest time as a family that we have ever had to go through with the loss of our nephew, Jonathan.

The holidays this year were harder than most. We all were affected in different ways. It was hard for me to get motivated for the holidays. I always enjoy them, especially for my kids and we still did all our fun fall events but it just felt like a piece of my heart wasn't in it this year. We waited til the day before Halloween to go to the pumpkin farm and to carve our pumpkins. I was even shopping for Christmas gifts the day before Christmas Eve since I put off starting my shopping! I was happy that I did get our Christmas tree up just after Thanksgiving so that we could enjoy it for the whole month. In the end everything came together and we enjoyed our Christmas. Now with 2010 behind us and 2011 beginning I take with me the knowledge that we serve a good God!

I am looking forward to 2011. A year of enjoying our family, our children and all the new things God has in store for us this year. We have been Blessed and at each turn God continues to provide for us. I continue to follow Him wholehearted, unashamed and know that He is my, is our families source of strength.

I pray that God is with each of you through this year and that your love as well as mine deepens with each and every day as we serve Him together. Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Your beautiful family is doing an amazing job of trusting & following after Christ! I love you all & will continue to pray for the Lord's healing in every little place of each little heart!

    This is my fav. pic of your fam!

    Luv, Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having had the opportunity to share the love and joy in your family this past year was on of the highlights for us.

    Blessed New Year,
    UR

    ReplyDelete