Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Summer Comes To An End

I am sad to see the summer go but then again I think my kid are ready! Maybe mom just isn't ready for all the drops off and pick ups, that must be it! But we did have a fun summer. We didn't accomplish everything we had on our list but we put a good dent in it! From our plane trip to Iowa to see family, swimming several time (including lessons for the boys, movies (at home and in theater, including the drive-in), lots of board games (of which Jaylen seems to win), trips to the library (for the summer reading program) to eating out (mostly at McD's so they can play). we enjoyed our time together! When asked what their favorite part was they all agree our trip to Iowa was the best part about summer!

Now looking to the fall I can't believe another school year is starting.

Aryianna turned 13 during the summer! I officially have a teenager daughter living under my roof! It's quite a journey! Seems like I was just her age! She is going to finish her last year of Jr. High, 8th grade this year. She is quite excited for school to start! Mom is wanting her to slow down in growing up!












Jaylen is starting 3rd grade this year. He has voiced that he doesn't want school to start. When I asked him why, he said he doesn't want to do homework!













Jayden is going to start 1st grade. His first year of going to school all day and he is ready! He feels like a big kid now. He keeps telling Akayla-Joy (who is going to have the same teacher he did) how Kindergarten is going to be, since he has already been there and done that!















Now Akayla-Joy, she has been so ready for school to start, she already picked out her outfit, last week, for the first day of school! She keeps asking me to count down the days for her! She is so excited to get to go with the big kids and walk across the street with them to class! I am exited for her. She will have so much fun.





So, this year it will be just me and Alaya for 1/2 the day. I pick up Akayla-Joy just before lunch and then the two girls will have the rest of the day together before everyone else comes home! Will be fun to spend time with my little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment